A State Bank of India Savings Account can be opened by customers who want to save for the future and gain interest on deposits. Customers can opt to open a savings account nearest to them with over 24,000 branches around the country to experience the ease that falls with a savings account. To open a savings bank account, instead of visiting a bank branch, the customer can also download the YONO app on his / her mobile. In addition, to open an instant digital savings bank account with SBI, only the PAN and Aadhaar number are necessary.
Customers will have to submit the below listed documents along with the account opening form in order to open an SBI Savings Account.
- Address proof: Passport, Driving license, Voter ID card, Aadhaar Card
- Identity proof: Driving license, Voter ID card, Passport, Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card or Form 16 (in case you don’t have PAN)
Customers need to follow certain parameters to be able to open a savings account at the State Bank of India.
- The customer should be a citizen of India and have an age limit of 18 years or more
- And in case of minors, the account can be opened on their behalf by the minor’s parents or legal guardian.
- The individual is necessary to have a valid identity and address proof which is approved or backed by the government.
- Once the account is authorized and opened the applicant or the account holder will then need to make an initial deposit as a minimum balance requirement following the terms and conditions of that selected account.
All savings account customers are required, following the regulation of the Government of India, to appoint a beneficiary who can run the account on their behalf. Account holders will be asked to select a nominee while filling the account opening form. If the nominee is a minor, he or she will only be eligible to run the account after they turn 18 years of age. The nominee can maintain the account on his or her behalf after the demise of the primary account holder.
Online procedure to open SBI Savings Account
By following the below listed steps you can open SBI savings account online
- Visit SBI homepage and click on ‘Apply Now’
- Now select ‘Savings Account’ and fill the application form will all the required details correctly.
- Click on ‘Submit’ and then the bank will ask the individual to visit his or her nearest bank branch with the relevant KYC documents.
- Once your documents are verified and approved by the bank branch, your account will be activated within 3-5 bank working days.
Offline procedure to open SBI Savings Account
Customers will have to follow the steps listed below to open an SBI savings account offline at any SBI Bank branch.
- Head to your nearest SBI branch and request an account opening application form
- Applicants will have to fill up all the sections on the account opening form: Form 1- Name, address, signature and other related details, Form 2- applicants will have to fill in this section if they don’t have PAN.
- Make sure you have entered all the details and are accurate. The specifics pointed in the application form must relate to that pointed in the submitted KYC documents.
- To make the account active the applicant will have to make an initial deposit of Rs.1,000.
- The account holder will be given a free passbook and cheque book as soon as the bank completes the authentication process.
- Customers can also fill an internet banking form at the same time in order to access SBI net banking services.
SBI Savings Account Welcome Kit
A savings account welcome kit will be issued to the customer following authorization by the bank. The SBI Savings Account Welcome Kit will include:
- SBI cheque book
- SBI ATM Debit Card and pay in slips
- On delivery of the kit, one will have to confirm that the welcome kit is sealed properly.
SBI Savings Account Helpline Number
Customers can call the helpline at- 1800 112 211 for any assistance, grievance, or raise a request related to the SBI savings account respectively.
For investment related articles, business news and mutual fund advise
You have already subscribed
#Procedure #Open #SBI #Savings #Account #Online